Thursday, July 15, 2010

Light on Yoga Project.

Wednesday 14th July, 2010.

Virabhadrasana I
I felt activity in the feet in the area of the balancing point, or 'bubbling well.'
The hips relaxed after a moment or two which let me sink into the asana.
I held the posture for about two min on each side.
When on the right side my shoulders felt more relaxed then when I was on the left side.
I was able to avoid the 'duck back' issue.  This happens when the pelvis tilts back words.
In the final form of the asana I did not look at my thumbs, which would have had me tilt my head back.  I looked to the horizon instead.

Virabhadrasana II
What struck me about this asana was that when I was fully in the asana I noticed that there was pressure right below my sternum at the solar plexus.  This was the case for both sides. 
On a related note I also found that when I am walking and have more of my weight on the balls of my feet.  That this same feeling happens.  If I chance the weight of my step, and walk more so the the weight falls on the 'balancing point' just in front of my heal.  The pressure lowers so that it disappears, and I have the experience of normal breathing from the tummy.
I think that this experience shows that my feet were to far apart.  They were about 4.5 feet apart.  When I moved the feet closer together the sensation lessened.  I was then able to easily breath deeply into my upper back.

No comments: