Thursday, July 29, 2010

Light on Yoga Project (Utthia Hasta Padangusthasana & Parsvottanasana.)

29th July, 2010.
Utthia Hasta Padangusthasana p.76
The asana went fairly well.  I had better balance on the left side then on my right side.
When holding the big toe of my right foot, I could not quite extend the leg.  The right knee was still rather bent.
Breathing went well, nice and low in the tummy.
When extending the left leg, which extended further then the right did, the right hip felt rather tight.  Again the breathing went well.

Parsvottanasana p.78
In this asana the hips flexed nicely on both sides.  The breathing was from the tummy.
The sides felt a little tight at the end.
My balance was just in front of the heals. 
The asana felt very nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite stretches is Parsvottanasana! But sometimes the hamstrings can be a little tight. Yoga guru Leeann Carey has a free yoga video that shows what to look for in this pose. I thought your readers would enjoy it: http://planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/index.php/free-yoga-video-parsvottansana-what-to-look-for/