Thursday, August 7, 2008

A yoga session and a yoga for scoliosis session.

The 7th of August, 2008.


I started out this session with plans not to work on my scoliosis today.
In my practice today I have added Bakasana (which was a little wobble, but successful) and Astavakrasana (which was a right mess, though I have done it successfully before.) :) Hah!


Generally my practice went well, but some asana still elude me (see above ;) .) I shall keep on at them.


I noted while practising that there is only a very slight curve (a bump really) in the lower part of my spinal column to show where the scoliosis lurks. Not to long ago the curve was a very nice 'bracket' which is all but gone. Using yoga to help with the scoliosis is really helping me.



Another thing that I noticed during practice today, and it is odd that I did not pick up on 'it' earlier, is that my ribcage/muscles is/are not aching, which up until recently it had done after a day or so after my scoliosis yoga practice. I hope this is a good thing. :)




The 5th of August, 2008.


Working on my scoliosis today.



When I started out this morning my left ribcage just below my shoulder blade was 'burning.' That was quite unpleasant, but not unusual. After doing a few asanam the burning went away. It still marvels me, even after thirty years of doing yoga, just how much there is to Yoga, and how it effects your body and mind.

No comments: