Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yoga observations.

This covers several Yoga sessions.


12th August, 2008. Yoga and Scoliosis.


The lower curve in my spine is quite evident today. I wonder why. Could it be the way that I sleep sometimes?


Lolasana using blocks and a strap :). It was hard to do while trying to adjust my ribcage.


Astavakrasana went pretty well, but I had some issues trying to do the asana and working on my ribs.


Three quarters of the way through the curve is mostly gone. Though I do feel a little nauseous, and my ribs are aching a bit.


13th August, 2008. Daily practice.


I worked on Astavakrasana as a part of my practice today. I mostly sucked (on the right side.) I think that I left it too long before working on it. I was most of the way through an hour and three quarter work out. Just to tired for it. I should do it earlier on in the session.


When I was half way though Eliz awoke from her nap. Just in time for the 'twist' portion of the session. She made it quite a few of them, before she got bored and started jumping of one of the beds. Not bad for a 3.8 year old.


My left side ribcage is not aching from the scoliosis session yesterday.


14th August, 2008. Yoga and Scoliosis.


The lower curve in my spine is just a little bit of a wiggle. Not the 'c' is sometimes is.


Remember to extend your spine during any of the "Parivrtta" as well as remembering to adjust the ribcage.


I have also found that adjusting the ribcage before doing the 'Twits' has helped me quite a bit. I note that I get a better twist on my left side then on my right side.


I felt a little nauseous a round 3/4 the way through this session.


When working on Parivrtta Janu Sirasana I felt as if my left side had 'caught' (seemingly) on my left hip. Odd.

No comments: