Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hatha Yoga observations.

8th October, 2008.

In the early morning I started with Surya Namaskar as well as doing a balancing flow based on Virabhadrasana III.


In the afternoon I started the session with the Virabhadrasana III flow. I now find I am able to take much deeper breaths. My whole upper ribcage seems to move very easily when I breath into my upper back.


From there I moved into arm balances. I began with
  • Lolasana. During this asana I noticed that there is a lot of tension in my hands. Especially in my palms. I was able to maintain my balance and breath into my back. Felt quite good.

  • Vasisthasana. Well I am working on it. It is a bit wobbly.

  • Astavakrasana. Well my right side was rubbish. I could not maintain the asana. I spent most of my focus on staying up and I could not breath deeply or relax. The left side was much more stable. I was able to work a little on breathing and relaxing.

  • Bhujapidasana. This was not bad, but balance is a little off. The third time paid off. I kept my arms bent while I was connecting my legs together, and then I straighten my arms. There was some breathing into my back. Yes! I worked on it for a forth time repeating what I just did, and it was much better... I could even relax a bit.



    From the arm balances I moved in to some standing asanam. When I was working on

  • Virabhadrasana I I found that my arms and shoulders were a little tight. I suppose it a result of the work with the arm balances. I suppose I should have done Gomukasana first.
    The next asanam that I have something to remark on is
  • Ardha Chandrasana. This asana went well. I was able to relax and breathe deeply. I found that the more I relaxed the more I could extend. Then the asana became more sturdy.


    The remainder of the standing asanam and the twists that I did went well. I have increased my ability to extend and relax while in asanam. After Savasana I found that my tummy muscles were rather sore (not very,) but noticeable.
  • No comments: